Sunday 28 June 2015

Pikaaa-chuuu.

Today, I made a new personal best in 'time spent decorating a cake'! It was a Pokéball cake (okay, technically half a Pokéball cake).


I made this because it turns out my son isn't the only one obsessed with this game of weird animals, strange names, super powers, bizarre fighting abilities, and points???

A few of his friends are, too. And one of them celebrated her birthday today.

There was a moment I tried to understand Pokémon, but realised that in order to have just a simple conversation with my 11 year old about it, the time I'd need to spend gaining knowledge and memorising names and abilities, it would complicate and frustrate my life even more, and I would rather spend my spare time shaving my legs with bread knife, or actually listening to Q & A than attempt to care about tiny weird animals who come out of a ball and fight each other in the exact same world where Toddler Fights are apparently, according to my lawyer, illegal.

Plus, I think one person in this household obsessed with Pokémon is enough considering they were caught watching a Pokémon TV serious on Netflix at 4am a couple of weeks ago.

<sigh>

Anyway, here's my really simple version of a Pokéball cake made today in record time:



The obsession my eldest has with Pokémon did come in handy, though, I will admit, as I kept asking (fine, needing) his professional opinion regarding proportions of the middle circles, which, I am told, are definitely not nipples...

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night ;)


Happy birthday Emily!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are finding something to relax, caterpillar crossing walkthrough; santa kicker unblocked will be my best recommendation for you. Let’s play and get more deep relaxation!
    Beside, you can try strategic tic tac toe unblocked , it is an addictive game which receives much love from players over the world. Now, you can completely play this addicting fun game on your mobile. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete