Friday 19 December 2014

Graduation!

During this time of year, there's always so much happening. So much on my mind, all the time - things I need to do, things I want to do, and deadlines to have them done by, etc.

Above all of the usual busy-ness, last week, Jonathan graduated from preschool! I just can't seem to slow life down anymore! (not that I've ever been able to).


Whenever there's an occasion like this (and hey, even when there's not), I bake! Thinking hard and quick about something simple to make for his class' graduation ceremony (that doesn't use peanut butter cups because there's peanut allergies at schools!), I made some little black squares out of fondant, then with some yellow royal icing, I attempted a dot in the middle, and a line outwards from it, to represent what a graduation hat looks like.

... I suppose it kind of worked!?


After piping plain white icing onto the mini chocolate cupcakes I'd made, I sat the graduation caps on top of the icing at different angles... And they looked like a miniature class of graduating cupcakes! Hehe.



Happy Graduation, Jonathan!
Congratulations Preschool Class of 2014

And here he is, my littlest boy, all grown up in his graduation gown and hat:


I can't believe he'll be in big school next year!

... I guess means that I should probably get a job, hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment