Monday 11 August 2014

Playing like bulldogs!

"Football is a game of errors.
The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins."  - Paul Brown

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
- Archie Griffen.

Football night at my cousin's place always involves drinking, yelling, punching fists up in the air, screaming at the TV, judging their own umpiring skills above the professionals, and a lot of swearing.

... Of course, that's every other night as well.

In my time as a baking enthusiast, I've made a few NRL themed cakes and cupcakes. A Sharks cake, a Rabbitohs cake, State of Origin cupcakes, and now I add to my list of football fun, by making Bulldog cupcakes.

Using the Canterbury Bulldog jersey*, I made these cupcake toppers for a friend and Bulldog fan, for his birthday:



*  Or is it guernsey? ... Is there a difference?

"Football is like life. It requires perseverance, self-denial,
hard work, sacrifice, dedication, and respect for authority."
- Vince Lombardi

Happy birthday Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment