Thursday 27 March 2014

Turtle power!

As a child, I watched a lot of this TV cartoon show about talking reptiles who climb out of the sewer to fight crime, have a rat as a karate teacher, and a friend named April- who often wore a yellow jacket...


As an adult, I think they actually might be tortoises...

Anyway, last weekend I made some simple TMNT cupcakes for a birthday! And I thought I would share with you how I did it :)

In a similar fashion to these cupcake toppers, I started with a round piece of fondant (which could be any shade of green - I used dark because it was what I had), added strips of coloured fondant (orange, blue, red and purple) onto the top half of the circle to resemble the turtles' bandanas, then added an upside down letter "Y" in the same colour onto the side to represent the bandana's tie.



After the eyes were added, with fudge frosting I drew a simple smile on them all (admittedly, I could have made a few different smiles/smirks to create different characters and attitudes, but I got a bit carried away with "simple").

Ta-da! They were then ready to place on top of some cupcakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment