Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

2014 HAS ARRIVED!


I've recently seen many Facebook statuses claiming, praying, hoping, wishing, asking, and declaring that 2014 will be "better" than 2013. A year where there'll be less drama, sadness, grief, and trials; and more love, joy, happiness, wealth, success etc... That no-one dies, or gets sick. That no pets run away. That the kitchen stays clean, and the fridge always only filled with healthy food. That motivation to exercise both arrives, and stays for the entire year... Oh, are those last ones just me?

Today, January 1st, is just another day. I'm not suddenly a self-controlled person who never yells at my children (though, as they're only just waking up now, so far I have not yelled at all this year). My children have not suddenly decided that they will clean their rooms every morning without being asked (though, again, just waking up - so maybe, just maybe!?). My fridge is still filled with the same stuff I put in there yesterday (minus milk I forgot to buy yesterday before the shops closed today). My kitchen floor is still a mess. And, oh look, washing remains on the line... It seems that nothing has dramatically changed overnight!


The world won't dramatically change overnight, either.
Some things will remain predictable.

With that in mind; to celebrate the new year... I baked :)

Inspired by various Happy New Year cakes, fireworks,
and what was in my pantry (M 'n' Ms), I made this:


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

May it be filled with... Peace.
And knowledge that, no matter what, God is in control.

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment