Tuesday 28 May 2013

Red Undies Week!

Did you know that 1 in 3 Australians over the age of 25 have an increased risk of kidney disease? Undetected, and untreated, kidney disease is a silent killer and kills more people each year than breast and prostate cancers do...

May 26th - 1st June is Kidney Health Week.

Well how about that... That's this week! :)

It is only from recent researching that I have become aware of kidney disease, and Kidney Health Week! A cheeky and fun way that has raised awareness, is by wearing red undies!

Naturally, because it is Kidney Health Week, I wanted to creatively share my new-found awareness by making something a little cheeky (and edible) myself... So, I made some shortbread people, wearing little (or as they say in Scotland: 'wee') red undies!


I dissected a kidney in my high school biology class once... Which is a pretty random and useless fact, unlike the Kidney & Urinary facts found on this page. It doesn't matter if you're a full brief, low rise, g-string or boxer kind of person - Kidney health is important! Learn and share this information to help raise awareness for kidney disease :)

No comments:

Post a Comment