Tuesday 26 February 2013

What the world needs now is love... (and cupcakes)

Firstly, I am very excited to write that my oven is fixed! It has been broken for weeks, and I have really missed being able to make cupcakes whenever I wanted! So now, I will be working through the list of cupcakes that I have had in my head (which has just been getting longer and longer), that I've eagerly been waiting to create :)

I had planned to make these for Valentine's Day, almost 3 weeks ago...

Excited about a new stencil I got from a Cake Decorating magazine, I rolled out some red fondant, placed it on top, and filled in the gaps with edible glitter.


Then with a little heart cookie cutter, I cut out as many hearts as I could, aiming to have them all be mostly patterned:


Next... I patiently waited until my oven was fixed :)
.
.
.

Today, with a new element in my oven, my red silicone patty cases, and chocolate chip butter cake mix (chosen as I thought about things that I loved {my husband being one of them} and things that he loves {which is not plan cupcakes}), I finally made cupcakes to decorate with these patterned fondant hearts!


In anticipation for Valentine's Day, I had also come across some little edible coloured hearts, that I sprinkled onto the buttercream icing once it was piped onto the cupcakes.


With the fondant hearts placed on top, I present you with some
(very belated) Valentine's Day cupcakes!



I hope your V day was filled with love, laughter, and/or CUPCAKES! :)

Well, I hope every day is filled with love, laughter, and perhaps cupcakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment